27 Sep Call for Art
The Emerson Center for Art and Culture in Bozeman, Montana, is hosting their biggest fundraiser of the year, the annual Celebration of the Arts on January 27, 2017. This event celebrates arts and culture with an evening full of quick-draw artists, live and silent auctions, fine dining, drinks, dancing and merriment!
The Emerson is currently soliciting original art donations for this year’s auctions and is excited to acknowledge the artists who support the Emerson by having a special exhibition in the Jessie Wilber and Lobby Galleries prior to the event. This will give the community a preview of the work available for live and silent auctions and give much deserved recognition to the artists. The exhibit will be comprised of selected works from submissions received, and the chosen artists will be celebrated during an opening reception held during the December 9 Bozeman Downtown Art Walk.
The exhibit will run from December 9, 2016 – January 27, 2017. All proceeds from the live and silent auctions go toward the Emerson’s art education, exhibits and restoration projects.
Eligibility & Requirements:
- 2D & 3D artists of all medias
- Please submit 1 – 4 digital images for consideration
- Submit image files in jpeg, GIFF or TIFF format at least 1MB (1000 pixels) not to exceed 2MB
- Label files with artist name, title, date and size
- A maximum of two works per artist will be accepted
- Work submitted in past art auctions are not eligible
- Work must be complete and display ready
- Complete the attached Art Donation Form for each piece submitted.
Additional Info & Important Dates:
- Submission is free
- Images of accepted pieces will be retained by the Emerson and used for promotional purposes
- Artists selected will be highlighted in Emerson’s social media, promotions and marketing for the Celebration of the Arts event
- Submission does not guarantee acceptance into the exhibit
- The Emerson’s decision is final
- Deadline for exhibit applications – October 17, 2016
- Late donations will be accepted for auction but not guaranteed a place in the exhibit
- Artist notified by – November 4, 2016
- Artwork delivered to the Emerson by the artist – No later than December 5, 2016
- Opening reception and Art Walk – December 9, 2016, 5 – 8pm
- Exhibit duration – December 9, 2016 – January 27, 2017
- Celebration of the Arts event – January 27, 2017
Please submit all requested materials to:
Alissa Popken, Education Curator
111 S Grand Ave, Bozeman, MT 59715. 406-587-9797 x 104. education@theEmerson.org
For more information, see the Emerson website.